Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Casserole Carrier

Found a great gift idea from The Two Little Hooligans via Pinterest. I have pumped out 5 of these out of my sweatshop. They're really fun for wedding gifts. 


Their tutorial provides the dimensions and instructions on how to make the Casserole Carrier. I substituted belting in for their homemade handles.  I also added a spoon holder. This is 3 inches x 2 inches (ish).


To add to the gift, I etched the couples last name to a 9x13 dish. The names were created with Cricut machine and vinyl. The height of the text is 1 1/4". The vinyl is a sticker and applies easily to the dish. We used a sponge brush to apply the Armour Etch and let it sit for about a minute. Washed it off in the sink and then were left with an awesome finished product.




My Aunt Marlae made me a cupcake oven mitt for my bridal shower. I used it as a pattern outline. It should be just shy of a full 81/2x 11 piece of paper. I sewed the top part of the mitt through to the two line marks.

Cupcake Mitt Instructions:

  • Cut out two pieces of fabric and one piece of insul-bright the size of the pattern below.
  • Sew the three pieces together leaving a gap to turn inside out.
  • Top stitch the 'wrapper' section of the mitt. 
  • Top stitch vertical lines on the mitt to create the wrapper effect. 
  • Cut out two pieces of the top fabric and one piece of insul-bright. The swoops will extend a bit farther than what needs to be sewn to the 'wrapper' part of the cupcake.
  • Top stitch the 'frosting'.
  • Cut out a piece of fabric for the hook. Fold over and iron.
  • Sew 'frosting' and hook to the cupcake 'wrapper'.

Click to make larger. Remove margins when printing.


Here is another example of the finished product:




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting your lovely casserole carriers!!! Sooooooo cute!!! The pattern for the cupcake oven mitt is called "Hot Cakes" by Susie C Shore Designs. Now all I have to get is some Insul-Bright--but not a WHOLE roll. (of course if it's postage free I'll think about it):) mv

    ReplyDelete