Search This Blog

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Birdbath Revival

Every Saturday my husband and I go garage-saling. It's an exhilarating hunt for new treasures and good deals. Today we found this broken down birdbath that was looking for a good home and heck, the price was right. The dude threw this 'junk' in with some sprinklers we bought.




 The birdbath surface was super uneven and some spots had holes. Originally I thought I could repair what was there, but that was a lost cause.  So, I started out by whacking out the guts. I left the lip intact so me future feathered friends would have a ledge to stand on.




I evened out the pedestal's lip by taking a sawzall to it. Be afraid. 

I just happened to have some concrete glue leftover from another project. This stuff is awesome!






The 'before' shot



After - with a new coat of paint!


I found some glass beads hanging out in my garage. I added these to the rim of the bird bath and in the middle with a hot glue gun. After that, I applied a sealant spray paint.

Now let's hope the birds come out and play!



No comments:

Post a Comment